Thursday, July 22, 2010

Away Away Away


I've been laid off for nearly two weeks.  My first week off was a waste and a total haze.  I had post midtown depression syndrome.  I didn't want to wake up and then when I did, I had no idea what to do with myself.  You can't really hit the ground running with unemployment.  Thank god Sunday came and I could fly down to South Carolina for a lakeside Krause family reunion. I turned off my phone and my computer and read magazines and a book about a brain scientist who had a stroke and had to start all over again.  Kinda felt familiar.

Off to Maine today with Pam (thanks Pam!) for some continued R&R.  I don't really remember who I am or what purpose I had moving to New York in the first place and in this first phase of recovery I am totally confused.  Some days I think the internet helps and others I feel it overwhelms.  Being outside is the best thing for me right now - I just need to remember to bring my camera along and start taking some notes.

In Maine I want to read, bike, tennis, lobster and swim.  Pics to follow.

3 comments:

ryguy said...

have fun up there!

John said...

quarter life crisis! Enjoy yourself!

Pace said...

come on out to Oregon and we will fix you up girl!! soooo excited to see you :)