Monday, May 16, 2011

New Goal: Be More Natural In Front Of The Camera

When I know someone is about to take a picture of me, I generally flinch and clench like Im about to get punched in the face, that is, if I cant run and hide first.  The other tactic I have is super cheese-ball posing (pictured above).  My mom consistently makes fun of me for it (shes the one taking a picture of me in the picture above).

I dont know what it is, but as Ive gotten older, ive become increasingly uncomfortable in front of a camera, which is kind of sad.  When the NYT photographer was in Van Horn a couple months ago, it was a huge issue for me.  I was totally anxious about being in the pictures (as in, i really didnt want to be photographed) and then when i knew i was about to get photographed, i would turn my head.  The photographer called me out on it.

If there is one lesson ive learned as a 28 year-old, its faking confidence works just as well as real confidence 98% of the time.  So! For the rest of May Im going to work my angles and show confidence in the face of terror in order to turn over a new leaf.  Growing up is easy (totally annoying) to do!

1 comment:

Buns said...

I'm totally on board with this. My picture face is out of control–the lack of range is embarrassing