Friday, January 8, 2010

Certainty

Fun Fact: While you were busy as children collecting baseball cards signed by Ken Griffey Jr, I was hording away Elvis trading cards in a Lisa Frank pencil box. My parents thought it was really weird and it make me self-conscious. Looking back, it was just par for the only-child course, but I used to rapidly transfer my fixations and I fell in love with Elvis while I was hot off an emotional affair with Luke Skywalker (I can't believe I'm writing this, there must have been something in that salad). This was a relief because two crushes before that, I was in love with Robin Hood...THE FOX.

Today in the Huffington Post was a little segment containing a quiver of Elvis snaps from 1956 when he was 21. I think my 8-year-old head would've exploded. The name of the above picture is called Certainty.

Its getting hot in here.

1 comment:

Pace said...

Have you seen the January 2010 Vanity Fair? A nice piece on elvis in the young days