Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Biggest Losers

Check out the motley crew that assembled for the Belmont Stakes this year.  VIPs.  Couldn't think of a better crew - spirits were high, everyone was eager to gamble and no one actually knew what they were doing.  On the car ride to the race track we research how to bet on horse racing.  I feel like everyone was acting like they understood  it, but I'm guessing no one actually did based on the day's results.  Pictured from left to right - Chris, Brian, Tim, Paul, Jordan.

Our driver was great.  Paul latched on to him quickly and got his card.  When the stakes were over, Paul called him and he came and got us.  He seemed to like us but in hindsight I'm positive he thought he was driving a bunch of frivolous retards to a meaningless event.

 RACE FACE!
 Tim considering his options. 

Studying the guide, which was a text book of confusing symbols and numbers.  I trusted they knew what was up and at one point Paul, Jordan and I all bet on the same horses in a trifecta and lost 100 dollars between the three of us. 

 It was really rainy and Paul complained the entire time.  Paul, Deanna is a saint.

This orange lady was smoking a baby cigar and drinking bottled water.  I bet she drove her trailer up from Florida for this event.  Class Act.

I thought this was a joke, but when I got home I googled Jockies and its basically the most dangerous profession in the world.  

 I was sitting on this bench too and was extremely ill.   I couldn't stop coughing and was fighting multiple infections with anti-biotics (thanks restaurant work!) and at one point I slumped over and put my head between my legs.  Some stupid blond girls who were probably there looking for husbands passed by and saw me and laughed, 'LOOK HOW DRUNK THAT GIRL IS!!!!'  When you are twenty five, married with a toddler on your hip and one in the oven living in Gainsville, the joke will be on you, assholes! 
Honestly, this guy.  The day was NOT a success.  It rained and no one won money.  The drinks were extremely expensive and we ate raw chicken tenders, but Jordan shined like a little star through all the madness.  Jordan, I will go anywhere with you, whenever you want.  What a champ!


1 comment: