Monday, October 8, 2007

Mr. Focker



Becca's dad is like Robert De Niro in Meet The Parents. The inner circle is a small space and Dave Novis is one tough cookie. I felt like I was really put to the test this weekend when I had to sleep in the room where Mr. Novis keeps his "miniatures" collection (this entails shelf after shelf of little men uniforms. Each shelf depicts a different war scene created by Mr. Dave Novis himself. One shelf has a bunch of natives on elephants trying to take down a hot air balloon filled with anglos). Waking up in the middle of the night on a deflated air mattress with moonlight reflecting off the swords of a thousand tiny men is bed-wetting territory. When I asked to switch rooms the next morning, I could tell Mr. Novis was thinking, 'pussy.'

2 comments:

Hugin & Munin said...

That is creepy. And hilarious.

Pace! said...

omg, freaky